Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Chicago: Monthly Prayer Vigil for Middle East Peace

A global ecumenical prayer vigil began on December 24, 2012, and will continue across the globe, on the 24th of every month, until the Israeli occupation is dismantled, violence in the Middle East ends, and all can celebrate a just and lasting negotiated resolution to the Palestinian-Israeli conflict.

In Chicago, you can participate in the monthly prayer vigil at:

Luther Memorial Church
2500 W. Wilson Ave
Chicago, IL 60625

Prayer vigil the 24th of every month at 7:00 PM
Contact church office at 773-539-3018
www.luthermemorialchicago.org

Members of Luther Memorial are active leaders of WGME, and have share the following prayer.

A Litany for Peace and Justice

This work for peace and justice is hard.  It is demanding, time consuming, and sometimes tedious.  Will you commit yourself to work for peace and justice?

I will and I ask God to help me!

This work for peace and justice can cause tensions and rifts.  This work can drive wedges between people, but this work needs us to stick together.  Will you dedicate yourself to doing your best to work with others?

I will and I ask God to help me!

This work for peace and justice is more effective when we embrace and respect diversity. Will you commit yourself to embracing and respecting difference?

I will and I ask God to help me!

This work for peace and justice requires creativity. This work demands that we push ourselves to look for new possibilities. Will you dedicate yourself to thinking and acting creatively for peace and justice?

I will and I ask God to help me!

This work for peace and justice requires faith and hope that a better tomorrow is possible.  Will you dedicate yourself to find sources of faith and hope in your life?

I will and I ask God to help me!

This work for peace and justice calls us to find inner peace.  Will you commit yourself to promote peace both within and without?

I will and I ask God to help me!

No comments:

Post a Comment